This European Standard specifies the terminology, the general requirements for the construction and operation of automatic forced draught oil burners and also the provision of control and safety devices, and the test procedure for these burners.
This European Standard applies to automatic forced draught oil burners supplied with:
- a fuel having a viscosity at the burner inlet of 1,6 mm²/s (cSt) up to 6 mm²/s (cSt) at 20 °C; and
- higher boiling petroleum based first raffinates (viscosity greater than 6 mm2/s), that require preheating for proper atomisation.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- single burners fitted to a single combustion chamber;
- single burners fitted to an appliance with additional requirements, then the relevant standard of this appliance shall be taken into account;
- single-fuel and dual-fuel burners when operating on oil only;
- the oil function of dual-fuel burners designed to operate simultaneously on gaseous and liquid fuels, in which case the requirements of EN 676 will also apply in respect of the gaseous fuel function.
This European Standard deals with all significant machine hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to burners, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer, see Annex J.
It deals with the additional requirements for the burners in the scope with pressurised parts and/or firing pressurised bodies, see Annex K.
This European Standard specifies the requirements to be met by the manufacturer to ensure the safety during commissioning, start-up, operation, shut-down and maintenance.
This European Standard does not deal with hazards due to specific applications.
This European Standard deals also with forced draught burners intended to be used with biogenous fuels, mixtures.
This European Standard deals also with burners equipped to increase the total appliance efficiency; see Annex L.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)
50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat
Jun 20, 2011