This European Standard applies to the design and construction of machinery for the supply and circulation of coating and/or auxiliary materials under pressure in the following called "machine" (see 3.1).
The coating material is supplied by air pressure or airless.
NOTE Machines covered by this European Standard may be linked with e.g. colour mixing machinery, atomising and spraying equipment, spray booths and stands and/or automated coating machinery.
The pressure related parts of the machines covered are classified as no higher than category I under article 9 of the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC.
This European Standard deals with the significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to the machinery for the supply and circulation of coating and/or auxiliary materials under pressure, when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
Machinery for the supply and circulation of coating and/or auxiliary materials under pressure consists of the following equipment:
- pump units;
- pressure vessels;
- non-pressurised containers;
- interconnecting pipes and hoses
- flanges, nozzles, couplings, supports, lifting equipment etc.;
- pulsation damping devices;
- all safety devices (e.g. level monitoring equipment);
- equipment for heating and/or cooling of the coating materials.
The machine may be fixed or mobile.
1.2 This European Standard excludes:
- pressure related hazards of equipment classified as higher than category 1 under article 9 of the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC;
- atomising and spraying equipment as dealt with in EN 1953:1998 and the supply hoses for this equipment;
- atomising and spraying equipment as dealt with in EN 50144-2-7:2001, EN 50260-2-7:2002 and the supply hoses for this equipment.
This European Standard does not apply to:
- machinery for processing of foodstuffs and pharmaceuticals;
Legislation related to this standard
Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX)Harmonized/Supporting
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
Directive 2014/34/EU Of The European Parliament And Of The Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
60.60 Standard published
Jun 2, 2010