This document specifies the safety requirements for hydraulic control devices, including hydraulic valves and their control elements, valve combi¬nations, control systems, pipes and hose assemblies, fittings, shut-off devices, measuring devices, filters, built-in pressure limiting and check valves in legs and rams and water spraying and dust suppression valves when used as specified by the manufacturer or his authorized representative. Excluded are electronic control devices, pressure generators, and internal valves of legs and rams (e.g. constant yield valves, see EN1804-2).
Some components are dealt with in other parts of this standard.
NOTE prEN1804-4 also applies to electro-hydraulic control devices. Part 4 also contains requirements for electrical control elements of valves.
This document applies to hydraulic control devices at ambient temperatures from –10 °C to 60 °C.
This document identifies and takes into account:
- possible hazards which may be caused by the operation of hydraulic control devices;
- areas and operating conditions which may create such hazards;
- hazardous situations which may cause injury or may be damaging to health;
- hazards which may be caused by firedamp and/or combustible dusts.
This document describes methods for the reduction of these hazards.
A list of significant hazards covered appears in clause 4.
This document is applicable to all hydraulic control devices placed on the market for the first time after the date of issue of this standard.
This document does not specify any additional requirements for:
- use in particularly corrosive environments;
- hazards occurring during construction, transportation, decommissioning;
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
99.60 Withdrawal effective
Dec 23, 2020