90.93 Standard confirmed Sep 29, 2022
CEN/TC 231 Mechanical vibration and shock
13.160 Vibration and shock with respect to human beings | 53.060 INDUSTRIAL TRUCKS
1.1 This European Standard is applicable to operator seats used on industrial trucks as defined in
ISO 5053:1987 irrespective of power supply, type of equipment, lifting mechanism and tyres. It also applies to seats for other trucks not covered by ISO 5053:1987, e.g. variable-reach trucks and lowlift order picking trucks.
1.2 This European Standard specifies, in accordance with EN 30326-1, a laboratory method for measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of the seat suspension in reducing the vertical wholebody vibration transmitted to the operator of industrial trucks at frequencies between 1 Hz and 20 Hz.
1.3 This European Standard defines the input spectral classes required for the following industrial trucks. Each class defines a group of machines having similar vibration characteristics:
- Platform trucks, trucks rider-controlled, etc. with wheel mean diameter below 200 mm and highload non-rubber solid tyres (category 1)1)
- Reach trucks, articulated trucks, etc. with wheel mean diameter below 450 mm and high-load non-rubber solid tyres or cylindrical/conical base rubber solid tyres (category 2)1)
- Straddle trucks, trucks with wheel mean diameter below 645 mm and rubber solid or pneumatic tyres (category 3)1)
- Straddle trucks, trucks with wheel mean diameter between 645 mm and 900 mm and rubber solid or pneumatic tyres (category 4a)1)
- Straddle trucks, trucks with wheel mean diameter between 900 mm and 1200 mm and rubber solid or pneumatic tyres (category 4b)1)
- Trucks with wheel mean diameter between 1200 mm and 2000 mm and rubber solid or pneumatic tyres (category 5)1)
- All-terrain trucks (category 6) )
1.4 This European Standard specifies performance criteria to be achieved by seats intended for each of the above-mentioned groups of machines.
1.5 The tests and criteria defined in this European Standard are intended for operator seats used in industrial trucks of conventional design.
NOTE Other tests may be appropriate for machines with d
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
90.93 Standard confirmed
Sep 29, 2022