99.60 Withdrawal effective Dec 1, 2012
CEN/TC 255 Hand-held, non-electric power tools - Safety
The standard EN 792 applies to hand-held non-electric power tools driven by rotary or linear motors, powered by compressed air, hydraulic fluid and intended to be used by one operator and supported by:
- the operator's hand or hands,
- a suspension, e.g. a balancer.
This part, EN 792-12, applies to hand-held non-electric small circular and small oscillating and reciprocating power tools for sawing. This part lists the significant hazards caused by such power tools and specifies safety requirements valid for different aspects of safety during their foreseeable lifetime and subsequent disposal.
Power tools covered by this part of the standard:
- circular saws, circular knives,
- jig saws,
- oscillating saws, oscillating knives (windshield knives),
- power hack saws,
- reciprocating saws.
This part of the standard applies to:
- circular saws with saw blades with a diameter of 65 mm or less,
- circular saws with diamond cutting-off wheels with diameters of 65 mm or less and a maximum cutting depth of 10 mm,
- oscillating saws having a saw blade with a radius of 50 mm or less or a diamond cutting-off blade with a radius of 100 mm or less.
NOTE 1 For circular saws having saw blades exceeding 65 mm see requirements for mechanical safety of
EN 50144-2-5 and EN 50144-2-10. For circular saws with diamond cutting-off wheels exceeding 65 mm see part 7 of this series
Special requirements and modifications on a hand-held power tool for the purpose of mounting it in a fixture are not covered by this part.
NOTE 2 At the date of publication no power saws driven by internal combustion engines are known.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
99.60 Withdrawal effective
Dec 1, 2012
EN ISO 11148-12:2012