This European Standard applies to the following groups of machines:
Group and secondary packaging machines and the collating systems associated with them.
The individual machines are described in 3.2 of this European Standard.
This European Standard deals with safety requirements for machine design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation, adjustment, maintenance and cleaning of group and secondary packaging machines.
The extent to which hazards, hazardous situations and events are covered, are indicated in Clause 4.
This European Standard is not applicable to the following machines:
- machines that were manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN;
- strapping machines. These machines are covered by EN 415-8;
- crate loaders and un-loaders for pre-formed rigid containers. These machines are covered by
- cartoning machines. Cartoning machines are covered by EN 415-3.
This European Standard does not consider the following hazards:
- use of group and secondary packaging machines in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- health, safety or hygiene hazards associated with the products that may be handled by the machines, but does include general advice on this subject;
- hazards that may be associated with electromagnetic emissions from group and secondary packaging machines;
- hazards that may be associated with decommissioning group and secondary packaging machines.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
90.93 Standard confirmed
Mar 26, 2014