This European Standard specifies requirements for hot-rolled sheet and strip up to 5 mm thickness of steels listed in Table 1 and intended for manufacturing welded gas cylinders.
The general technical delivery conditions in EN 10021 also apply to products supplied in accordance with this European Standard.
NOTE Sheet and strip made of:
- general structural steels (see EN 10025 series);
- non-alloy and alloy steels for pressure equipment (see EN 10028-1 to EN 10028-6);
- low carbon non-alloy steels for cold forming (see EN 10111 and EN 10130);
- steels with high yield strength for cold forming (see EN 10149);
- cold rolled strip up to 600 mm wide of low carbon non-alloy steels (see EN 10139);
- steels for simple pressure vessels (see EN 10207)
are not covered by this European Standard.