IEC 60364-7-714:2011 applies to the selection and erection of luminaires and lighting installations forming part of an outdoor fixed installation. The origin of the external lighting installation is the supply delivery point of electrical energy by the supply authority or the origin of the circuit supplying the external lighting installation exclusively. The requirements apply to, for example, lighting installations for roads, parks, gardens, places open to the public, sporting areas, illumination of monuments, floodlighting, telephone kiosks, bus shelters, advertising panels, town plans and road signs. The requirements do not apply to:
- public street-lighting installations which are part of the public power grid;
- temporary festoon lighting;
- road traffic signal systems;
- and luminaires which are fixed to the outside of a building and are supplied directly from the internal wiring of that building.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 1996, and constitutes a technical revision. The major technical changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- clause numbering is aligned with present structure of IEC 60364;
- additional protection is required in some cases of equipment incorporating lighting;
- more stringent requirements regarding IP degree of protection;
- introduction of particular requirements for isolation.
IEC 60364-7-714:1996 ED1
IEC 60364-7-714:2011 ED2
60.60 Standard published
Dec 14, 2011