This standard is designed to protect receivers from disturbances
produced by conducted and radiated emissions arising in a vehicle.
Test procedures and limits given are intended to provide
provisional control of vehicle-radiated emissions, as well as
component/module conducted/radiated emissions of long and short
- establishes a test method for measuring the electromagnetic
emissions from the electrical system of a vehicle;
- sets limits for the electromagnetic emissions from the electrical
system of a vehicle;
- establishes test methods for testing on-board components and
modules independent from the vehicle;
- sets limits for electromagnetic emissions from components to
prevent objectionable disturbance to on-board receivers;
- classifies automotive components by disturbance duration to
establish a range of limits.
The contents of the corrigendum of March 2004 and the interpretation sheet of February 2007 have been included in this copy.