30.98 Project deleted Aug 16, 2021
CEN/TC 153 Machinery intended for use with foodstuffs and feed
This European Standard specifies safety and hygiene requirements for the design and manufacture of bread slicing machines of type 1 and 2 as defined in Clause 3.
The intended use of these machines is to cut baked bread into slices.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to bread slicers machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer.
This European Standard covers requirements for the safe operation of the machine including: loading, cutting, unloading, cleaning, crumb removal and maintenance.
These machines can be manually or automatically operated.
The following machines are excluded from the scope of this document:
- experimental and testing machines under development by the manufacturer;
- frame cutter machines with multiple blades moving horizontally;
- domestic appliances and machines intended for use by the general public;
- machines with horizontal circular cutting systems;
- rectangular cutting machines for cutting or sawing of panel size products into small pieces.
This European Standard is not applicable to bread slicing machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this European Standard.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)
30.98 Project deleted
Aug 16, 2021