1.1 This European Standard applies to the design and manufacture of standalone automatic dough dividers having a feed hopper, and which can be used separately or in a line in the food industry and shops (pastry making, bakeries, confectionery etc.) for dividing and additionally for moulding/rounding dough or pastry into adjustable portions to produce the required weight of dough piece during a dividing process. These machines can be fed by hand or mechanically.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to the transport, installation, adjustment, operation, cleaning, maintenance, dismantling, disassembling and scrapping of automatic dough dividers, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
These machines are not intended to be cleaned with pressurized water.
1.2 This European Standard is not applicable to the following:
- experimental and testing machines, under development by the manufacturer;
- weighing devices;
- pressure dough dividers, without a feed hopper, using knives for the dividing process;
- lines with separate cutting or forming elements outside the housing;
- lifting and tilting machines ) or other separate feeding machines;
- additional hazards generated when the machine is used in a line or mechanically feed.
1.3 A noise test code is included in Annex A to assist manufacturers to measure noise levels for the purpose of the noise emission declaration.
1.4 This European Standard is not applicable to machines which are manufactured before its publication as EN.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)
50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat
May 14, 2020