This European Standard specifies the terminology, the general requirements for the construction and operation of forced draught oil burners and also the provision of control and safety devices, and the test procedure for these burners.
This European Standard applies to forced draught oil burners supplied with:
- fuel based on first raffinates and their mixtures with biogenous liquid fuels having a viscosity at the burner inlet of 1,6 mm2/s (cSt) up to 6 mm2/s (cSt) at 20 °C, and
- higher boiling petroleum based first raffinates (viscosity greater than 6 mm2/s), that require preheating for proper atomization.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- single burners fitted to a single combustion chamber;
- single burners fitted to an appliance with additional requirements;
NOTE When additional requirements apply which are not identified or specified in this standard, the specification of the required safety measures and/or protective devices and compliance with them is outside the scope of this standard.
- single-fuel and dual-fuel burners when operating on oil only;
- the oil function of dual-fuel burners designed to operate simultaneously on gaseous and liquid fuels.
This European Standard deals with all significant machine hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to burners, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable, see Annex J.
This European Standard also deals with the additional requirements for the burners in the scope with pressurized parts and/or firing pressurized bodies, see Annex K.
This European Standard specifies the requirements to ensure the safety during commissioning, start-up, operation, shut-down and maintenance.
This European Standard deals also with forced draught burners intended to be used with biogenous liquid fuels, mixtures.
This European Standard deals also with burners and their equipment to increase the total appliance efficiency, see Annex M.
Legislation related to this standard
Commission Regulation (EU) No 813/2013 of 2 August 2013 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for space heaters and combination heaters
60.60 Standard published
Jan 22, 2020