This European Standard specifies the terminology, the general requirements for the construction and operation of forced draught gas burners and also the provision of control and safety devices, and the test procedure for these burners.
This European Standard is applicable to:
- automatic gas burners with a combustion air fan (hereinafter called "burners") and gas line components, intended for use in appliances of different types, and that are operated with gaseous fuels;
- pre mixed burners and nozzle mixed burners;
- single burners with a single combustion chamber;
- single fuel and dual fuel burners when operating only on gas;
- the gas function of dual-fuel burners designed to operate simultaneously on gaseous and liquid fuels, which, for the latter, the requirements of EN 267 also apply.
This European Standard deals with all significant machine hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to burners, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable, see Annex J.
This European Standard specifies the requirements to ensure the safety during commissioning, start-up, operation, shut-down and maintenance.
This European Standard does not apply to burners specifically designed for use in industrial processes carried out on industrial premises.
This European Standard deals also with the additional requirements for the burners in the scope with pressurised parts and /or firing pressurised bodies, see Annex K.
This European Standard deals also with forced draught burners intended to be used with biogenous gaseous fuels, mixtures with line-conveyed gas and special gaseous fuels.
This European Standard deals also with burners and their equipment to increase the total appliance efficiency, see Annex M.
Legislation related to this standard
Commission Regulation (EU) No 813/2013 of 2 August 2013 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for space heaters and combination heaters
REGULATION (EU) 2016/426 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 9 March 2016 on appliances burning gaseous fuels and repealing Directive 2009/142/EC