This European Standard defines the specifications and test methods for the construction, safety, rational use of energy and fitness for purpose, environment and classification and marking of gas-fired storage water heaters for domestic hot water uses, hereafter called "appliance".
This European Standard applies to appliances:
- of types B11, B11BS, C11, C12, C13, C21, C31,, C32, C33, C42, C43, C51,C52, C53, C62, C63, C72, C73, C81 connected to an individual flue duct, C82 and C83 according to CEN/TR 1749;
- fitted with atmospheric burners;
- using one or more combustible gases corresponding to the three gas families and the pressures indicated in EN 437;
- of nominal heat input not exceeding 150 kW (net calorific value);
- fitted with electrically operated mechanical flue dampers that are positioned downstream of the heat exchanger.
Legislation related to this standard
Appliances burning gaseous fuels
Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 812/2013 of 18 February 2013 supplementing Directive 2010/30/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to the energy labelling of water heaters, hot water storage tanks and packages of water heater and solar device
Commission Regulation (EU) No 814/2013 of 2 August 2013 implementing Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for water heaters and hot water storage tanks