1.1 This document applies to:
- printing machines for printing on paper and similar materials, including screen printing presses; equipment used in the preparation of the printing process and additional equipment on printing machines are also considered to be printing machines. This standard also covers machinery used for the handling of paper, products, printing formes and inks (before and after the printing process) as well as machinery for cleaning printing formes and checking the print quality (auxiliary printing machinery).
- paper converting machines, i. e. machines to process, convert or finish paper, board and similar materials which are processed, converted or finished in a similar manner.
NOTE Similar substrates are, for example, board, corrugated board, plastic film, aluminium foil, sheet metal and photographic paper.
1.2 This document deals with all common significant hazards relevant to printing and paper converting machinery when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see clause 4).
1.3 This document is not applicable to printing and paper converting machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
1.4 This document does not apply to:
- winder-slitters and sheeters in paper finishing (sheeters with unwinders) (see EN 1034-1:2000,
EN 1034-3:2000, EN 1034-5:2005);
- office-type collating machines equipped with friction feeders;
- mail processing machines;
- machines used for filling packages (such as machines for shaping, filling, and closing the package);
- textile printing presses.
Legislation related to this standard
Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX)Harmonized/Supporting
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
Directive 2014/34/EU Of The European Parliament And Of The Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (recast)Harmonized/Supporting
90.93 Standard confirmed
Mar 2, 2018
FprEN ISO 12643-1