This document deals with the technical requirements to minimise the railway specific significant hazards of portable machines and trolleys used for work on tracks as listed in clause 4 and annex A which can arise during the commissioning, the operation and the maintenance of portable machines and trolleys when used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer. It does not deal with the general function of the machines (e.g. cutting, drilling, grinding).
This document applies to portable machines and portable trolleys designed for work on the track with nominal track gauges of 1 435 mm and 1 668 mm and clearance gauge as defined in annex B including cutting machines and those designed for working on wooden sleepers.
This document does not apply to portable trolleys coupled together, whether or not self propelled, and trolleys used for transporting personnel.
For portable machines and trolleys used on railway lines with a different clearance gauge to that defined in
annex B specific requirements concerning the clearance gauge may apply ).
This document does not apply to the following:
- requirements for quality of the work or performance of the machine;
- regulations defined by each infrastructure controller for portable machine and trolley operation which shall be the subject of negotiation between the user and the manufacturer;
- portable machines used from railway vehicles.
This document does not establish the additional requirements for the following:
- operation in severe conditions (e.g. extreme environmental conditions such as: freezing applications, high temperatures, corrosive environment, tropical environment, contaminating environments, strong magnetic fields);
- operation subject to special rules as potentially explosive atmospheres;
- electromagnetic compatibility, due to e.g. electronic components;
- hazards occurring during decommissioning and/or recycling;
- hazards due to vibration;
- hazards due to wind speed grea
Legislation related to this standard
Procurement procedures of entities operating in the water, energy, transport and telecommunications sectors
90.92 Standard to be revised
Aug 30, 2007