This standard specifies the method of test for determining the gas energy consumption in gas-fired domestic ovens when they are being used in one or more of the oven cooking modes defined in 3.1. It applies to the gas-fired domestic ovens which are capable of utilising gases of group H or group E, possibly after conversion according to manufacturer’s instructions.
It applies to these gas-fired domestic ovens, whether they are separate appliances or component parts of domestic cooking appliances.
It also applies to domestic appliances that can utilise gas and/or electrical energy to provide heat for cooking when the ovens are utilising gas energy to provide heat for cooking, but not when electric energy is used to provide any or all of the heat for cooking in the oven.
It is not applicable to:
- microwave combination ovens;
- small cavity ovens (3.2);
- ovens without adjustable temperature control;
- cooking modes others than defined in 3.1.1 and 3.1.2;
- ovens connected to a chimney in which the gas energy for cooking also, by design, provides space and/or water heating;
- appliances designed for use with gases of the third family only.
This standard is concerned neither with safety nor with performance requirements.
Legislation related to this standard
Indication by labelling and standard product information of the consumption of energy and other resources by household appliances
99.60 Withdrawal effective
Mar 1, 2017