This Standard specifies requirements for precast concrete poles (also commonly called masts) (either all of a piece or composed of elements), reinforced and/or prestressed as structural elements; they may be hollow or solid and may receive or include additional components (e.g. cross-arms, platforms etc.), inserts and connectors. Additional elements may be connected to pole elements.
Structures made from such elements in mono- or multi-legged form may be used for :
- overhead electrical lines ;
- telecommunication lines ;
- overhead electrical lines for railways, trams and similar ;
- supports for lighting ;
- supports for loudspeaker installation ;
- antenna and telecommunication poles ;
- supports for wind turbines ;
- and similar installations.
This Standard does not cover lighting columns for use in traffic circulation areas.
Legislation related to this standard
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eecHarmonized/Supporting
90.93 Standard confirmed
Jun 9, 2009