60.60 Standard published Nov 21, 2018
CEN/TC 162 Protective clothing including hand and arm protection and lifejackets
13.340.10 Protective clothing
This document provides guidance to the employers, users and purchasers with respect to selection, use, care, and maintenance requirements for protective clothing against heat and flame and is compliant with the European legislation.
This document is not exhaustive in addressing all the safety concerns associated with the use of compliant protective equipment for protection against heat and flames and other related risks.
It is essential not to construe this document as addressing all the safety concerns, if any, associated with the use of this document by testing or repair facilities. It is the responsibility of the persons and organizations that use this document and any other standards related technical report to PPE:
- to conduct a risk assessment,
- to select the protective clothing and other PPE,
- as well as to ensure that these provide a holistic protection, only when the compatibility has been assessed including understanding the work place and the work environment to determine the properties of protective clothing against heat and flames to establish safety and health practices
- and to determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to using this technical report for any designing, manufacturing, and testing.
This guidance is meant for all end users that may be confronted with heat and flame risks although it will focus on the first four in the list below:
- petrochemical and chemical industry;
- welders and foundries;
- utilities (electrical, gas, water);
- fire fighters and emergency response;
- sports (motor sports, boating, etc.);
- security forces (military, police and private).
It is essential that nothing herein restricts any jurisdiction from exceeding the minimum requirements as provided in the relevant standards.
60.60 Standard published
Nov 21, 2018