The scope of this European Standard is
- To define the procedure how the calculation methods to determine the temperatures, sensible loads and energy demands for the rooms shall be used in the design process.
- To describe the calculation methods to determine the latent room cooling and heating load, the building heating, cooling, humidification and dehumidification loads and the system heating, cooling, humidification and dehumidification loads.
- To define the general approach for the calculation of the overall energy performance of buildings with room conditioning systems
- To describe one or more simplified calculation methods for the system energy requirements of specific system types, based on the building energy demand result from prEN ISO 13790, and to define their field of application.
A general framework standard is given which imposes an hourly calculation for all cases which cannot be covered by simplified methods, and gives requirements on what has to be taken into account. Input and output data are defined.
The target audience of this standard is twofold:
- Designers of HVAC systems, which are given an overview of the design process with the relevant references to the different involved standards (Clauses 5 to 12)
- Developers of regulations and tools, which find requirements for calculation procedures to be used for the energy requirements according to the EPBD (Clauses 13 and 14).
The idea followed by this standard is, that for the detailed approach one single calculation method is used for the different room related purposes such as room temperature calculation, room cooling and heating load calculation, and room energy calculation. This means, for the building type envisaged (buildings with room conditioning systems) it is an alternative to simplified calculation methods such as heating load according to EN 12831 and heating energy according to prEN ISO 13790. This standard does not describe any detailed methods for the sensible room based
Legislation related to this standard
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec