IEC/PAS 60092-510:2009(E) describes high-voltage shore connection (HVSC)-Systems, on board the ship and on shore, to supply the ship with electrical power from shore during the port lay period. This PAS is applicable to the specification, installation and testing of HVSC- Systems and plants and addresses:
- high-voltage shore distribution system,
- shore-to-ship connection,
- semiconductor convertors and rotating convertors,
- ship distribution system, and
- control, monitoring, interlocking and power management system.
This PAS has been prepared in cooperation with ISO technical committee 8: Ships and marine technology, Subcommittee 3: Piping and machinery.