IEC 62246-1:2015, which is a generic specification, applies to all types of reed switches including magnetically biased reed switches of assessed quality for use in general and industrial applications.
Mercury wetted reed switches are not covered by this standard due to their possible environmental impact. It lists the tests and measurement procedures which may be selected for use in detail specifications for such reed switches. This standard applies to reed switches which are operated by an applied magnetic field; it is not restricted to any particular type of contact load. For elementary relays with reed switches, this standard is recommended to be used together with the standards IEC 61810-1, IEC 61811-1 as applicable.
For applications of reed switches, this standard is recommended to be used together with specific product standards. This standard cancels and replaces the second edition of IEC 62246-1 published in 2011. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- inclusion of Introduction;
- update of the scope, the terms and definitions, the rated values and the test and measurement procedure;
- improvement of dielectric test, electrical endurance tests covering maximum electrical endurance test and overload test;
- improvement of Table F.1 for electrical ratings based on classification;
- inclusion of new Table G.1 for horsepower ratings based on classification.
60.60 Standard published
Mar 20, 2015