1.1 Scope of EN 1991-1-3
(1) EN 1991-1-3 gives principles and rules to determine the values of loads due to snow to be used for the structural design of buildings and civil engineering works.
(2) This Part does not apply to sites at altitudes above 1500 m, unless otherwise specified.
NOTE For rules for the treatment of snow loads for altitudes above 1500 m see 6.1.
(3) This Part does not give guidance on specialist aspects of snow loading, for example:
- impact snow loads resulting from snow sliding off or falling from a higher roof;
- changes in shape or size of the construction works due to the presence of snow or the accretion of ice which could affect the wind action;
- loads in areas where snow is present all year round;
- lateral loading due to snow creep (e.g. lateral loads exerted by drifts);
- loads due to artificial snow.
The assumptions given in FprEN 1990:2022, 1.2 apply to EN 1991-1-3.
40.60 Close of voting
Jun 22, 2023