This document defines the requirements for the secure application module (SAM) used in the secure monitoring compliance checking concept. It specifies two different configurations of a SAM:
- trusted recorder, for use inside an OBE;
- verification SAM, for use in other EFC system entities.
This document describes
- terms and definitions used to describe the two Secure Application Module configurations;
- operation of the two Secure Application Modules in the secure monitoring compliance checking concept;
- functional requirements for the two Secure Application Modules configurations, including a classification of different security levels;
- the interface, by means of transactions, messages and data elements, between an OBE or front end and the trusted recorder;
- requirements on basic security primitives and key management procedures to support Secure Monitoring using a trusted recorder.
This document is consistent with the EFC architecture as defined in EN ISO 17573-1 and the derived suite of standards and Technical Specifications, especially CEN/TS 16702-1 and CEN ISO/TS 19299.
The following is outside the scope of this document:
- The life cycle of a Secure Application Module and the way in which this is managed;
- The interface commands needed to get a Secure Application Module in an operational state;
- The interface definition of the verification SAM;
- Definition of a hardware platform for the implementation of a Secure Application Module.
60.60 Standard published
Jan 22, 2020