This document specifies design criteria for closed water-based cooling systems in buildings. The requirements aim at achieving a proper technical quality level and maintaining the desired thermal indoor climate with minimum energy consumption.
Systems for dissipating process heat from industrial processes, for example, are not covered by this document.
This document does not amend product standards or product installation requirements. The standard covers cooling systems of the following type (see Figure 1):
1) devices for the water-based heat rejection of the chilling system;
2) devices for chilling and storage of chilled water;
3) devices for the distribution of chilled water;
4) devices for the absorption of heat ("cooling emission");
5) control devices;
6) safety devices.
The design of such systems is described in this document. In the case of water-based cooling systems with local operating temperatures ≤ 0 °C separate safety aspects may apply. The other Clauses of this document are still valid for those systems.
This document does not cover the chilling system itself, but only the parts of the chilling system which are an integral part of the cooling system, including determination of the design performance.Furthermore this document does not cover:
- the requirements for installation or instructions for operation, maintenance and use;
- the design of the system components (e.g. recooler, chilling system, coolers, pipes, safety devices etc.).
The relevant technical rules with regard to the prevention of corrosion are to be observed in the material selection for the system components and the nature of the heat transfer medium.
40.98 Project deleted
Sep 30, 2022