This European Standard specifies characteristics and related requirements, assessment methods, the marking and assessment and verification of constancy of performance (AVCP) procedures for prefabricated secondary treatment units for populations up to 50 inhabitants.
Prefabricated secondary treatment units in accordance with this European Standard are:
- used for the treatment of effluent from product in accordance with EN 12566 1 or EN 12566 4;
NOTE Equivalent septic effluent may come from existing septic tanks.
- made of concrete, steel, PVC-U, Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP-UP), Polydicyclopentadiene (PDCPD), PVC and/or EPDM; - used on the top of the ground (outside the building) or buried in the ground; - with or without extension shaft;
- made of components that are packaged or site-assembled and placed on the market as a kit by one manufacturer.
This European Standard does not cover prefabricated secondary treatment units:
- where vehicle loads apply to it; - with direct infiltration into the ground (non-watertight);
- made of retrofit kits (see definition in 3.1.7).
The assessment methods specified in this European Standard establish the performance of the prefabricated secondary treatment unit, needed to verify its suitability for the condition in which it is normally installed.
Legislation related to this standard
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
40.98 Project deleted
Jun 14, 2019