45.99 Dispatch of FV draft to CCMC Dec 15, 2022
CEN/TC 153 Machinery intended for use with foodstuffs and feed
67.260 Plants and equipment for the food industry
1.1 This document specifies safety and hygiene requirements for the design and manufacture of bowl lifting and tilting machines which:
a) are intended to be used in bakeries and pastry shops for discharging masses of dough and/or ingredients for bakery and/or pastry products all at once or progressively tipping a container or a machine with a non-removable container by lifting and/or tilting it according to a guided path;
b) are intended to be used with manual inlet and outlet of the bowl.
NOTE Item b) does not refer to machines with an integrated mixing machine with a non-removable bowl.
The lifting and tilting machines can be equipped with a scraper (optional) for removing the rests of dough from the bowl after the dough has been discharged.
The lifting and tilting machines can be stationary or movable without being driven.
1.2 The following relevant hazards are not covered by this document:
- hazards due to the mixing process (for dough mixers see EN 453:2014 and for planetary mixers see EN 454:2014);
- hazards associated to the properties of the content of the bowl (except the mass);
- hazards due to operational stop;
- hazards due to failure of the power supply;
- hazards due to machinery maintenance;
- hazards due to information and information devices;
- hazards due to materials and products;
- hazards due to lack of design of the machine to facilitate its handling.
This document does not deal with any specific requirements on noise emitted from bowl lifting and tilting machines as the generated noise does not cause a relevant hazard.
The significant hazards covered by this document are described in Annex A.
1.3 The following machines are excluded from the scope of this document:
a) experimental and testing machines under development by the manufacturer;
b) self-propelled movable bowl lifting and tilting machines;
c) lift trucks;
d) bowl lifting and tilting machines working in automatic production lines where the initiation of the movement is not due to a human voluntary action;
e) domestic appliances.
In case of a movable machine, this document does not deal with:
- hazards due to transportation of bowls with the machine;
- hazards due to the displacement of the machine on its own wheels;
- powered equipment that may be provided to assist the mobility of mobile bowl lifting and tilting machine.
When drafting this document, it has been assumed that the machines are not intended to be cleaned with water and steam jets.
1.4 This document is not applicable to machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)
45.99 Dispatch of FV draft to CCMC
Dec 15, 2022