99.60 Withdrawal effective Oct 12, 2022
CEN/TC 227 Road materials
93.080.20 Road construction materials
This document specifies the methods for compacting parallelepipedal specimens (slabs) of bituminous mixtures, to be used directly for subsequent testing, or from which test specimens are cut.
For a given mass of bituminous mixture, the specimens are prepared either under controlled compaction energy, or until a specified volume and therefore air voids content is obtained.
This document describes the following methods of compaction:
- method using a wheel or two wheels fitted with pneumatic tyres;
- methods using a steel roller, which includes 3 different procedures:
- steel roller;
- steel roller used on wheel fitted with pneumatic tyres;
- steel roller running on vertical sliding steel plates;
- method using a steel roller sector.
This document is applicable to bituminous mixtures manufactured in the laboratory or in a mixing plant.
99.60 Withdrawal effective
Oct 12, 2022