This European Standard describes the functionality, constraints, performance and operation of a brake system for use in self propelling thermal and electric trains operating on routes of the European rail system network.
This European Standard covers:
- all new vehicle designs of self-propelling thermal and electric trains being operated at a maximum speed up to 200 km/h, in the following text simply called EMU/DMU;
- all major overhauls of the above-mentioned vehicles if they involve redesigning or extensive alteration to the brake system of the vehicle concerned.
This standard does not cover:
- locomotive hauled trains which are specified by EN 14198;
- mass transit rolling stock which is specified by EN 13452-1;
- high speed trains being operated at speeds greater than 200 km/h which are specified by EN 15734-1.
Legislation related to this standard
Directive (EU) 2016/797 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 May 2016 on the interoperability of the rail system within the European Union (Text with EEA relevance)
50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat
Mar 5, 2020