00.98 Proposal for new project abandoned Jul 10, 2020
CEN/TC 89 Thermal performance of buildings and building components
This standard specifies the equations to be used in a simulation method for calculating the non steady transfer of heat and moisture through building structures.
It also provides a benchmark example intended to be used for validating a simulation method claiming conformity with this standard, together with the allowed tolerances.
The equations in this standard take account of the following storage and one-dimensional transport phenomena:
- heat storage in dry building materials and absorbed water;
- heat transport by moisture-dependent thermal conduction;
- latent heat transfer by vapour diffusion;
- moisture storage by vapour sorption and capillary forces;
- moisture transport by vapour diffusion;
- moisture transport by liquid transport (surface diffusion and capillary flow).
The equations described in this standard account for the following climatic variables:
- internal and external temperature;
- internal and external humidity;
- solar and longwave radiation;
- precipitation (normal and driving rain);
- wind speed and direction.
The hygrothermal equations described in this standard shall not be applied in cases where:
- convection takes place through holes and cracks;
- two-dimensional effects play an important part (e.g. rising damp, conditions around thermal bridges, effect of gravitational forces);
• hydraulic, osmotic, electrophoretic forces are present;
daily mean temperatures in the component exceed 50 °C.
prEN 15026 rev
00.98 Proposal for new project abandoned
Jul 10, 2020