60.60 Standard published Dec 22, 2021
CEN/TC 459/SC 6 Wire rod and wires
77.140.65 Steel wire, wire ropes and link chains
This part of EN 10264 defines cold drawn non alloy steel wire used for the manufacture of:
- ropes for general applications and lifts;
- ropes for applications for which there is no specific European Standard.
This part of EN 10264 does not apply to steel wire taken from manufactured ropes.
This part of EN 10264 specifies the following for cold drawn non alloy steel wire for ropes for general applications:
- dimensional tolerances;
- mechanical characteristics;
- requirements relating to the chemical composition of the steel wire;
- conditions to be satisfied by any coating.
In addition to the requirements of this part of EN 10264, the requirements of EN 10264-1 also apply.
60.60 Standard published
Dec 22, 2021