50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat Jan 13, 2010
CEN/TC 229 Precast concrete products
91.100.30 Concrete and concrete products
This European standard deals with the requirements, the basic performance criteria and evaluation of conformity for precast floor plates made of reinforced or prestressed normal weight concrete according to EN 1992 1 1:2004, used in conjunction with cast-in-situ concrete (topping) for the construction of composite floor slabs. Annex B gives different types of composite slabs made with floor plates.
These floor plates, with or without void formers, can include lattice girders or stiffening ribs incorporated during the precasting.
They shall be manufactured in factories by casting, slip forming or extrusion.
The products covered by this standard are intended to be used as part of structural floors in applications such as:
- floors and roofs of buildings (including industrial and storage buildings, public buildings as schools, hospitals, etc.);
- parking/circulation areas;
- cover for culverts;
The products may be used in seismic areas provided they fulfil the requirements specific to this use.
This standard does not cover:
- reinforced floor plates with a nominal thickness less than 40 mm;
- prestressed floor plates with a nominal thickness less than 50 mm;
- floor plates with a very smooth upper face, such as defined in 6.2.5 of EN 1992-1-1:2004.
Legislation related to this standard
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat
Jan 13, 2010