The objective of this CEN Workshop Agreement document is to present a set of transparent and accurate framework for applying / implementing risk-based inspection and maintenance (RBIM) and risk-based life management (RBLM) in industrial organizations
The document formulates the procedure for risk based approach, thereby supporting optimization of operations and maintenance (O&M) as well as asset management.
The purpose of RBIM is to ensure that clearly defined and accepted levels of risk related to:
- environment and
are achieved using resource-efficient methods of inspection and maintenance. The methodology for RBIM described here is based on that developed in the European project RIMAP (Risk-based Inspection and Maintenance Procedures for European Industry) . Within the RIMAP project, the RBIM methodology has been developed and validated for chemical, petrochemical, power and steel industries in Application Workbooks , , but the methodology as such is intended to be industry independent. The methodology addresses the following aspects:
- Inspection and maintenance
- All types of equipment, e.g. pressure containing, rotating, electrical, instruments and safety devices
- Technical and managerial aspects of maintenance and inspection planning
- Asset management related to inspection, maintenance and life assessment for plants, systems and components
- Production and operation.
Although RBIM encompasses RBI & RCM, this document focuses primarily onto RBI. The RCM is included only up to the extent to demonstrate the applicability in the overall context of RBIM.
99.60 Withdrawal effective
Jun 16, 2016