This European Standard describes the specific functional requirements for polyethylene (PE) pipelines in addition to the general functional requirements of EN 12007-1 for:
a) a maximum operating pressure (MOP) up to and including 10 bar;
b) an operating temperature between -20 °C and +40 °C.
This European Standard covers three types of pipe:
- PE pipes including any identification stripes;
- PE pipes with co-extruded layers on either or both the outside and/or inside of the pipe;
- PE pipes with a peelable, contiguous thermoplastics additional layer on the outside of the pipe.
This European Standard specifies common basic principles for gas infrastructure. Users of this European Standard should be aware that more detailed national standards and/or code of practice may exist in the CEN member countries. This European Standard is intended to be applied in association with these national standards and/or codes of practice setting out the above-mentioned basic principles.
In the event of conflicts in terms of more restrictive requirements in national legislation/regulation with the requirements of this European Standard, the national legislation/regulation should take precedence as illustrated in FprCEN/TR 13737-1.
FprCEN/TR 13737-1 gives:
- clarification of all legislations/regulations applicable in a member state;
- if appropriate, more restrictive national requirements;
- a national contact point for the latest information.
90.60 Close of review
Mar 4, 2018