30.98 Project deleted Jul 25, 2008
CEN/TC 256 Railway applications
To define the ergonomics and structural integrity requirements of steps and handrails used to give staff access to wagons, locomotives and coaches This excludes normal public access to these vehicles.
This should include (as a minimum):
- Geometry of footsteps including step height limits, access depths, clearances, etc. with fixation to the wagon;
- Geometry of handrails including grip size, reach and clearances;
- Lamp bracket dimensions and locations.
- Accessibility and avoid infringement of the Berne rectangle etc.
- Specification of step and handrail design and/or test loads based on function, size and location of relevant components, including those induced by vehicle motion.
Assessment of conformity to be defined within the standard
Directives related to this standards.
Interoperability of the trans-European high-speed rail system
Directive 2001/16/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 March 2001 on the interoperability of the trans-European conventional rail system
DIRECTIVE 2008/57/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 17 June 2008 on the interoperability of the rail system within the Community (Recast)
30.98 Project deleted
Jul 25, 2008