This European Standard specifies requirements and test methods for electrically powered wheelchairs with a maximum speed not exceeding 15 km/h intended to carry one person which includes
- manual wheelchairs with add-on power kits used for propulsion,
- electrically powered wheelchairs and
- electrically powered scooters with three or more wheels.
It also specifies requirements and test methods for battery chargers for wheelchairs and scooters.
This European Standard does not apply in total to
- wheelchairs intended for special purposes, such as sports,
- custom-made wheelchairs,
- handrim activated power assisted wheelchairs and
- powered office chairs.
Directives related to this standards.
30.98 Project deleted
Jul 25, 2008