90.93 Standard confirmed Nov 26, 2020
CEN/TC 224 Personal identification and related personal devices with secure element, systems, operations and privacy in a multi sectorial environment
35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
The purpose of this European Standard is to ensure that card-operated devices are accessible and usable by standardising significant components of the user interface.
This European Standard describes principles and guidelines so that people with the widest range of capabilities can use card-based services in any sector. This includes, but is not limited to, purchase of goods and services, leisure, distribution, identification, banking, telecommunications, mass transport, parking, access control. It also provides recommendations for the operational procedures to be followed when users interact with a card-operated device:
- in order to enter a system;
- whilst using a system;
- leaving a system.
In particular, this European Standard will:
- aid the user's interaction with the system through a consistent user interface when entering, using and leaving card-operated devices;
- promote user confidence in card-based systems in general;
- promote efficient use, security and privacy of card-based systems;
- reduce the occurrence and consequences of error when the user enters, uses or leaves the system;
- enable people with different levels of ability and comprehension (e.g. minors, elderly, visually impaired, foreign language, motor impaired, hearing, etc) and different levels of experience (e.g. first-time users) to use card-based systems;
- improve the learnability of new card-based systems through consistency.
90.93 Standard confirmed
Nov 26, 2020