This document regulates the testing for acceptance of the running characteristics of railway vehicles (hereafter called vehicles). The testing of the running characteristics applies principally to all vehicles used in public transport which operate without restriction on standard gauge tracks (1 435 mm).
NOTE 1 The testing of the running characteristics of:
- railways with different track layout, e.g. tramways, metros and underground railways;
- railways with non-standard gauge tracks
can be conducted by analogy with this document.
The testing of running characteristics is part of the type testing of vehicles which
- are newly developed,
- have had relevant design modifications, or
- have changes in their operating regimes.
The testing and acceptance of running characteristics refers to the complete vehicle including the running gear. If a running gear, which has already been tested and accepted, is to be used under a vehicle body of another design, this is considered to be a design modification. The procedure as described in 5.2 is used.
NOTE 2 In addition to the testing of running characteristics for the acceptance of vehicles, the regulations can be generally applied in other technical tasks, e.g.:
- the checking for compliance against development contracts;
- the optimisation of components, vehicles or running gear;
- the testing of influences, influencing parameters and relationships of dependence;
- the monitoring of track or vehicles in operational use.
Legislation related to this standard
Interoperability of the trans-European high-speed rail systemHarmonized/Supporting
Procurement procedures of entities operating in the water, energy, transport and telecommunications sectors
99.60 Withdrawal effective
Mar 9, 2016